Why We're Here
ParaSQL was born out of the frustrating limitations found in existing cloud database application platforms.
None were designed for modern web browsers, none supported mobile devices very well, and none even allowed you to build
an app with real-world complexity without falling back to ugly old-school scripting approaches.
We could see a better way, so we built it.
ParaSQL's goal is to make it as easy as possible to build custom, cloud-native, very high quality, scalable,
secure business applications.
We got our start in 1990 with Steve Jobs' NeXT Computer and the creation of an award-winning database product called Parabase.
We have done several database application platform products since, and have deep experience with high-reliability,
mission-critical database platforms.
Over the years we have served customers in the military, intelligence, medical and telecommunications communities.
ParaSQL is our latest and greatest, built from a clean sheet of paper beginning in 2012 and first launched commercially in June 2014.
It is pure HTML 5, but more importantly fully built on the browser's DOM and designed specifically for modern web browsers and mobile devices.
It runs on the Google Cloud Platform using cloud-native APIs. All code runs exclusively in Google's datacenters or in your web browser.
We invite you to take a look at our Release Notes to see what's new.
Technical Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
License Terms & Legal Details
ParaSQL is provided by ParaSQL LLC, a Florida limited liability company with headquarters in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
for further details.
High Level Summary for IT Management
- ParaSQL is a powerful, cloud-native database application platform.
It dramatically reduces the cost and time required to create and maintain
custom cloud-based business applications.
- Ideally suited for core business applications typically used by employees, partners, and key customers.
- Build and deploy a module that fits your business in a few hours or a few days.
- Keep adding modules to automate additional aspects of your business quickly and easily.
- All applications you create will be running on a single database for a seamless experience.
- ParaSQL provides enterprise-grade power and flexibility combined with near consumer-grade ease of use:
- Modern free-form design enables simple drag-n-drop layout for menus, tabs, records, fields, reports, buttons, icons, charts, maps
and much more.
- Even fully-custom complex screens with elaborate multi-level sub-form nesting, pick lists, images, documents, digital signatures
and customized fonts and colors are easily handled without programming.
No proprietary scripting language to learn or limit you.
- Full support for coding ANSI SQL database triggers, stored procedures and scheduled events. Full root access to underlying
database server (MariaDB 10.1+). Access it remotely without restriction using
standard, off-the-shelf, open source JDBC/ODBC drivers or native MySQL wire-protocol tools and libraries (so it works
with any third party integration platforms that support SQL databases, etc).
RESTful API and DOM API both available (see the REST API documentation here or the
DOM API documentation here. ).
- Most business applications can be built with a 95% to 100% reduction in the amount of code required.
Less code (or even no code in some cases) means:
- Massively faster to develop & deploy applications
- Fewer bugs and a superior quality end-user experience
- Easier to maintain applications; far faster & easier to add new features or change layouts over time
- Secure & Reliable:
- ParaSQL is a Google Cloud Platform Technology Partner.
- Independently certified to ISO27017 for cloud security and ISO27018 for privacy (see FAQs for details).
- All data is encrypted in transit (SSL with PFS) and at rest (see FAQs for details).
- Single-Sign-On (SSO) with Google provides robust security with two-factor authentication and much more.
- Easy to use role based security provides a high level of control at both the database and UI layer.
- Automatic nightly backups. Configurations available with real-time replication to multiple physical data centers with automatic fail-over.
- Open Architecture & Integration
- Administrators have full root access to underlying database server(s) (issue any command the database is capable of).
- Database is fully MariaDB compatible (use with open source JDBC and ODBC drivers, etc.)
- ParaSQL's Hyper Connect Engine makes integrating with other systems and databases unbelievably easy and powerful
(you may even need to re-think what is possible!)